Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hello

This is my first attempt at "public" blogging, having limited myself in the past to commenting on the blogs of others - mostly my kids and kids-in-law, who are quite accomplished and prolific.

My aim, in keeping with the title, is to point out the absurdities I observe around me. They will probably be mostly related to politics, though not exclusively. There will be links to on-line references I find interesting but "under-reported".

I am - and have long been - an unashamed lover of America and her defenders, our armed forces. My daughter would tell you I can rarely listen to The National Anthem, and never listen to taps, without tearing up.

You will no doubt detect a strong "right-wing" slant in my musings ... I am a conservative. I truely believe that most liberal positions can be totally eviscerated with a simple dose of logic.

There will also be a number of pictures, mostly from Yellowstone National Park - my favorite place on earth. If you haven't been, go ... you owe it to yourself. I visit at least annually, and when I enter - usually from the west or south - I always recall two musical pieces: the first stansa of "How Great Thou Art" and "America the Beautiful". There is no place I would rather be than waist deep in the Lamar, Firehole, Gibbon, or Yellowstone River, holding either a fly rod or a camera.

So ... for what it's worth, welcome aboard.

~LCC

1 comment:

  1. Horray! I'm so glad you started a blog. I might not understand everything you post ;) But I will enjoy the attempt to do so!

    ReplyDelete